Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Jenny on the job: Home was never like this


We've been running the Jenny on the Job series of U.S. Public Health Service posters recently.  I don't know quite what to make of this one.

My guess is that this is supposed to be a workplace lavatory.  Over the years, in the places I've worked (and given that I've worked in the same place now for 30 years, I'm recalling lavatories of the past and not the present) I've worked in a few places that were downright funky.

In contrast, some places I've worked had lavatories that were immaculate. 

The basic point raised is a good one.  It is important to keep public facilities clean.  Apparently this was enough of a problem early in World War Two that the Public Health Service felt that they had to have Jenny comment on it.

No comments: