Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Unpublished

As I've noted before, almost all of the blogging here occurs in the wee hours of the morning.

What's I've noted a bit is that a lot of posts get started but not finished.  Indeed, just before typing this out I weeded unpublished posts down from 265 to 188.

188 is still a lot of posts I've started but not finished.

Blogging is an avocation, not a vocation, so it's not really a big deal, but as one of those posts that I'm going to try to up here soon notes, I'm working on a books and perhaps that's a sign that I ought to get at that and use the wee hours more productively.

Which might be a bit easier now to some degree. We're not going to stop blogging, but a really careful observer will note that the now nearly daily update from a century ago has stopped.  It'll resume from time to time (we have the legendary 1919 World Series coming up), but the events I was tracking on a daily basis; the Punitive Expedition, World War One, and events of the immediate post war have ceased.

Given all of that, some of the 188 old posts that are lingering here will start to get published.  It likely won't be noticeable, as I've always posted on every topic known to man anyhow, while trying to keep focused on events prior to 1920 which were designed to assist (and have) in background for a novel I'm working on.  I'm a fast typist and a bit of a polymath, and this will continue to reflect that, no doubt.

But the daily newspapers have really thinned out.

And, speaking of newspapers. . . .

No comments: