Thursday, December 29, 2022

Why your grocery store shelves will be clear of eggs if you live in Cheyenne, Sidney, or Raton

 Neighbors of Big Green Rectangle, be advised.

A new law prohibiting the sale of non-cage-free eggs in Colorado will go into effect in January

Don't get me wrong. I'm about as big of a fan of natural agriculture, if that makes sense, as a person can be.  I'm cool with free-range eggs, or whatever this amounts to.  And I'm opposed to factory farming pretty much.

But what does this sudden change mean for Colorado?

My guess is, no eggs.


And, I'll bet, fewer eggs on the shelves in border towns.

This should be interesting.  Colorado started off with the right wing dream of packing every square inch of the state with people for economic reasons, and got a left wing imported populace.  There's a lot of egg eating going on.

No comments: