Thursday, January 12, 2023

Hero

By Ksh.andronexus - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=110096569
I am a soldier and get paid to protect citizens of this country. I could not sit back and watch as passengers were looted. I pulled out my khukuri and attacked the criminals. I succeeded in connecting with at least three of them. The blows were severe and they must have got themselves admitted to some hospital. By then, the criminals started fighting back. They fired a shot that missed me. At one point of time, the khukuri fell from my hand and I was overpowered. They picked it up and used it on me.

Fighting the enemy in battle is my duty as a soldier. Taking on the thugs on the train was my duty as a human being.
Bishnu Shrestha, in two different interviews, one from the Times of India, on his having gone into action on a train in Indian when he saw members of a party of robbers numbering over thirty begin to molest an 18-year-old woman with the intent to rape her.

He is a Gurkha. 

No comments: