Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Standards and non standards.

On my news feed, there's a story I didn't read, with the headline:

Jennifer Lopez Turns 50.  Her scandalous love life exposed.

How odd.

I don't know, nor do I care, if Lopez has a "scandalous" love life, I'm just amazed that any press anywhere acknowledges that such a thing as a "scandalous love life" exists.

Yesterday some pop tart was celebrated for revealing that she's a "pan sexual". There's no such thing as a "pan sexual", and frankly,  as we've otherwise noted here recently a couple of times, the various terms that are used in this area to describe behavior are probably generally wrong.  That's another topic, but in an era when the standard of morality is set by television and varies, but not much, between such slop as Friends, The Big Bang Theory or Two Broke Girls, how could Lopez actually be scandalous? 

I guess I'd have to read it to find out, but unless she's hanging out with Putin, Kim Jong-un and procuring for that Epstein dude, it'd be hard to figure out how any current entertainment reporter could find a scandal, let alone recognize one, that was high enough to meet the current bar.

No comments: