Thursday, July 25, 2019

Cross Examining the Lawyer

Years ago I gave a deposition in a case in which I'd written a coverage opinion on an insurance policy.  It was a complicated detailed matter.

Before I was deposed, I went over and over what I'd written and what I'd based it on.

In the deposition, I closely stuck to my written opinion.

The party that based their decision on my opinion won the suit.

That's how these things go.  A lawyer writes his opinion, puts in it what, in his professional judgement, he believes to be correct and important, and turns it in.

All of which leaves me wondering why people seriously believed that Robert Mueller had some deep personal opinion about anything he was going to blurt out, changing the course of history.

I mean. . seriously.  You can't take your law from television.

Postscript

From CNN:

Not a star, not a villain: Mueller's say nothing strategy confounds everyone


What a completely moronic headline.

No comments: