Saturday, August 26, 2017

Advertising in history: Pabst Blue Ribbon Presents: The Greatest Beer Run Ever



I will confess to liking beer.

I'm not much of a fan of whiskey and the only wine I really like much is Chianti, but I rarely drink it. But, beer I like.  I don't care if it's pedestrian or not.

And, while I like best, in American beers, what are sometimes referred to as "craft beers' now, and my favorite beer, if you consider it that, is Guiness Stout, I'll also confess to liking Pabst Blue Ribbon.

PBR is in that class of beers which beer snobs snub, but that's just because they're beer snobs.  I like it.  And interestingly enough, over the past few years its undergone a revival as sort of the good, anti-craft, beer.  It has a big following, apparently, on the Pacific Coast's Northwest, which is otherwise a craft beer epicenter.  It's become sort of the working man's beer there.

So, here's to PBR and their interesting commemoration of an event during the Vietnam War.

No comments: