Tuesday, August 15, 2017

It's Fall


This past week, a couple of days ago, I had the chilliness I'd been experiencing confirmed to an extent by the National Weather Service, which reported:
You may be thinking that it really doesn't feel like August? For Cheyenne, in the 2000s this is the coldest start to August, having an average high temperature of 75.4 degrees. This beats out the runner up in 2014 by almost a 5 degree difference!
It's been cold.

Now, that's Cheyenne. We're 150 miles to the north and I'd be surprised if our average high temperature was 70F.  I wouldn't be surprised if its been a lot colder than that.

And its been wet.

Indeed, it's raining right now and it has every day for days. Cold, wet, . . . it's mid September. . .temperature wise.  I wouldn't be surprised if we saw snow any day now.  

Indeed, I'd be surprised if we didn't. 

At least people are now acknowledging it.  I've been hearing a lot of comments about how cold and wet it is.  

What I haven't heard people start to worry about much is if the weather we're having this week, we'll have early next week, when all sort of eclipse related tomfoolery is scheduled.  It was so dark yesterday afternoon that the street lights were on by 4:00.  Who knows. . . .

No comments: