Monday, January 31, 2022

Spotify don't need him around anyhow*

I don't think Joe Rogan should be posting crap about COVID 19 on Spotify, but I have to be somewhat amused by Neil Young's actions and what has followed, including Joni Mitchell following in his wake.  I suspect it's largely:

Boomers:  What's Spotify?

Generation Jones:  Oh, thank goodness, at last we don't have to hear Neil Young and Joni Mitchell. .  . any chance James Taylor will pull his music too?

Millennials, Gen X, and Gen Y:  Neil who?

Footnotes:

*Apologies to Lynryd Skynyrd whose anthem Sweet Home Alabama contained these lyrics, regarding Neil Young:

Well I heard Mister Young sing about her

Well I heard ol' Neil put her down

Well I hope Neil Young will remember

A southern man don't need him around anyhow.

FWIW, I like the ballad Sweet Home Alabama, and Neil Young actually acknowledged that he himself thought he'd gone too far with his song Southern Man, but Neil was on the right side of history on that one for sure, and he probably is here too.  I can't actually imagine Sweet Home Alabama being released today, and like most songs, probably nobody really pays very much attention to its lyrics.

1 comment:

Ellis Darby said...

Ha-Ha.

I saw this morning that C,S, N have joined in Y's boycotting Spotify.
Wow, so unimportant in the whole scheme of this failing civilization.
IMO