Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Blog Mirror: Wyoming: My 307. Game Warden Life

I'm linking in here the most recent item from Wyoming: My 307, that being this interview of a career Game Warden.

GAME WARDEN LIFE

I'll admit that this has a weird "the road not taken" aspect of it to me.  The interview note that he is retired from a "thirty year" career as a warden, and I'm a little over thirty years in my career as a lawyer.  Indeed, if I'd gone right to work from my undergrad, which is generally the case for people who end up in the Game & Fish, although they are usually employed seasonally at first, I'd be thirty-five years into a career now.  So this guy and me must be right about the same age, more or less.

But more than that, he notes that when somebody suggested a game and fish career to him, he told his folks, and they warned him "there aren't many jobs".  He  must have ignored that and charged on.  I told my father the same thing when I was looking at the same occupation, I got the same advice and did follow it.

No comments: