Friday, July 7, 2023

Put On A Broad Brimmed Hat (and keep a real shirt on).

Is this what happens when you actually have to work?🤪😂 rip to my very sun sensitive skin and my lack of ability to learn to cover it
Image
This is my annual agricultural hat public service announcement.

I subscribe to a bunch of Agricultural Twitter feeds.  In contrast, I think I subscribe to the feeds of two lawyers, but not because they're lawyers.  I note this, as I subscribe to this young woman's Twitter feed.

Why?

Well, when it started, she was on the harvesting tour.  I've seen the combines come through here and I knew that they start in one North American location and go north, which is interesting.  I'm not sure how many people realize that harvesting large grain farms is a contract job, it's not actually, usually, the farmers doing it.

Anyhow, I kept the subscription up as it's an agricultural feed.  I keep up the feeds from a half dozen ranches, two large Canadian ag outfits, etc.

I should note, I particularly like this one:



Opens profile photo
Following
Stuart Somerville
@Stuthefarmer
Father & Husband. Farmer. Bagpiper. Trying to live in a good way.
This is a bit of a disclaimer, as any Twitter post by any young woman brings at least a small selection of "Jane Doe, you're so beautiful. . . " type posts, from the Net Desperate, I guess.

Well, anyway you look at it, or her I guess, letting this happen to your skin is going to mean you're not going to be beautiful or handsome by your 40s.  The skin damage is going to catch up with you.  Fair skinned people in particular are going to get it.

People who worked outdoors used to know how to dress.  At least ranchers and cowboys still do, as a rule.  Farmers, for some reason, and people who work on farms, much less so.  It's odd.

Broad brimmed hats, shirts with sleeves.  Put them on.

This too, I'd note, for outdoorsmen.  Outdoorsmen seem to spend piles of money on specialized clothing, and yet I'll still see some that aren't wearing much.  Not a good idea at all.



No comments: