Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Lex Anteinternet: Lex Anteinternet: Lex Anteinternet: And the pumps ...

Our most recent look at the state of the oilfield was posted several days ago, here:
Lex Anteinternet: Lex Anteinternet: Lex Anteinternet: And the pumps ...: This past weekend, the week after I posted this Lex Anteinternet: Lex Anteinternet: And the pumps kept on. : And following on this: Lex...
At the time I posted that entry, Chesapeake energy was the regional bright spot, having announced a few weeks prior that it was keeping on with its oil exploration program in the state.

Well, now its reversed course and is scaling back, like everyone else.  If there's a bright spot in the oil economy, therefore, this isn't it.

We still here that some exploration is going on in North Dakota, in shallow fields (I'm told, but which I somewhat doubt).  As I don't get the North Dakota news readily, I don't know the full state of things up there, but I wonder.

Postscript

And, also today, Noble Energy has announced that its cutting employees in Colorado, Texas and Pennsylvania. 

No comments: