Sunday, April 26, 2015

Lex Anteinternet: Protesting Too Much: Lex Anteinternet: The return...

I received this past week the newsletter my local representative puts out about the past legislative session.  In it, he notes that all four of the bills he sponsored passed and became law.  And then he goes on to metion. . .  three of them. 

That's right, only three.

The fourth one remains undisclosed in the letter.

I know which one that is, it's the bill discussed here:
Lex Anteinternet: Protesting Too Much: Lex Anteinternet: The return...:   I've commented several times on this year's legislative efforts regarding the Federal lands in the state, with a comment on the...
I noted in that entry I'd written my representative and received a reply.  I'll bet I wasn't the only one who  wrote him, and I'm guessing that those who did write were not pleased. 

Since this bill passed, and even at the time of its passing, news regarding it became remarkably quiet.  It's as if it isn't even there.  The legislature passed it, but chances are that they were getting a lot of mail like mine towards the end, and after, and now there may be a feeling that its better not to say too much.  This is not the norm for Wyoming's legislature, where normally we'd see discussion about big things that they've done.  If they've grown quiet on it, while still proceeding on, there may well be some conflicts and second thoughts, and a desire to get a ways past the session before this becomes news again.

Well, in my prior entries I noted that voters who care about this issue are unlikely to forget it.  Noting that  "four" of the bills you sponsored while discussing only three isn't going to cause us who wrote about it to forget who it was that caused this to occur.  I expect next election this will be an issue.  It should be. 

No comments: