Friday, August 30, 2019

Gardening Costs

Earlier this week I ran this item:  Lex Anteinternet: August 28, 1919. Austin to Eastgate, Nevada. 80 ...:

August 28, 1919. Austin to Eastgate, Nevada. 80 miles in 12.5 hours.



Gasoline Alley for August 28, 1919:



When I posted it, I cross posted it on Reddit where somebody asked, "are they making fun of him for gardening?"

I suppose they are, but the costs of gardening, and nearly all of the comments that are included in this Gasoline Alley cartoon, are ones I've heard myself.  It's interesting to see how the costs of gardening are summed up in just this fashion by those who don't, and apparently have been at least since most people ceased to live rural lives.

Of course, while the intangible costs of gardening are noted by those who don't garden, the intangible benefits of gardening, are not.

Having noted all of that, I didn't get a garden in this year.  The electrical service to my well had a disruption early last Spring and I still haven't gotten it repaired.  I need to.

No comments: