Friday, June 21, 2019

It's June 21 and . . .

I'm freezing.

43F.  That's the current temperature.  On June 21?

That's because a bunch of windows were left open last night.

At some point in the Spring I just give up on closing them.  My long suffering spouse views hot and cold in terms of the calendar, and so when its Spring, it's warm, irrespective of whether it is or not.

And its not.

Earlier this Spring there was a headline about the day being the coldest one on record since 1940 and its just flat out stayed cold.  I don't mean cool, I mean cold.  There's still snow in the high country. There would be.  We had snow just a week or so ago.

And its been incredibly wet.  I'm sick of it.

Indeed, its been so wet I have not taken the top off of my Jeep.  By now, I usually have.  I've pretty much just given up on the thought of doing it this summer at all.  It rained last night, and its been raining every day.  Cold rain.

Strangest summer. . . ever.

No comments: