Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday at the Bar: ANALOG ATTORNEY Fountain Pen Obsession Starter Kit Even better than golf for wasting money.

Oh my.

ANALOG ATTORNEY

Fountain Pen Obsession Starter Kit

Even better than golf for wasting money.


I don't golf (I know how to golf, I don't golf), so I won't comment on that.  But I do love fountain pens.

Shoot, if I knew that Sheaffers had been hiking the Alaskan trails as far back as 1919, I'd have one by now.

And I do conceded there's a point to his comments.  Some can be really pricey, and people who start off with one, seem to get more and more.

If they were good enough for Uncle Sam's fighting boys, darn it ,they're good enough for me.  I wish I could find an Army/Navy special.

I presently  have five. And it is always tempting to get another.  But none of mine are really pricey.  Two are Pilot Metropolitan's, which are the cheap starter pens mentioned here.  My most expensive one is a Lamy, but it's not really an expensive pen, and it has a reputation for being tough and durable.  My favorite one is an aluminium bodies Japanese pen that I bought for the same reason.

But all in all, I think I actually save money with them. When I was using the nice roller ball pens, which are cheap, I lost them all the time.  As I've twice lost the same Pilot Metropolitan, I'm really careful with my fountain pens as I don't want to loose them.  And so I'm not constantly replacing pens.

And the Church of England a couple of years ago recommended them as an environmentally friendly pen, as they aren't disposable.  No, I'm not an Episcopalian, but what the heck, I like the logic and I can comfort myself with that.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

I really enjoyed reading these ads. If I had thought about it, I would have known that soldiers in WWI (and gold miners in Alaska) didn't use ball point pens to write - but these ads increased that awareness for me.

Pat, Marcus & Alexis said...

Indeed, it's a shock to realize that ball point pens, which we are so used to (and which have gotten to be very good), didn't exist at that time. I'm nto sure when they were created (I'll have to look that up. . . hmmm. . . a future post in the making) but they weren't common anyhow until after World War Two.