Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Maybe the biggest unanswered question about the Harvey Weinstein story is. . .

how can all this creepy conduct go on for years before somebody takes notice?

Sort of reminds me of the Bill Cosby story, maybe.

Shoot, on that latter one, even Hugh Ossified Freak Hefner came out with "I'm shocked, shocked that somebody who would come to my Creep Parties would be a creep".  Really Hugh?  Wasn't the entire enterprise basically dedicated to creepy conduct? Come on.

I suppose, as the Cosby story hasn't played all the way out yet, we should leave some room for the chance that he's not really guilty, although by now it seems pretty obvious that his personal conduct didn't quite match that of Dr. Huxtable's anyhow.

Now Weinstein I'd never heard of, but it seems he's a pretty widely celebrated movie industry figure and was responsible for some pretty significant works.  It seems that his aggressive sexual conduct was pretty widely known in that industry however. 

Which leads me to this.  It's easy enough to do the dog pile thing now and decry, "what a creep". But as widely known as this apparently was, why didn't somebody say something before?

No comments: