Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The bicycles strike back. . .

Painted Bricks: Bicycle Path, Casper Wyoming:

Invasion directions for the Corporal of Bicycles?  I know what it means. . . but for all the world it looks like an insignia for Corporal of Bicycles.

I posted this on one of our companion blogs here awhile back.  This is, of course, a symbol painted in the road to mark a bicycle lane. And in this case, the lane is the entire side of the road.

I used to ride a bicycle to work quite a bit during the summer.  Indeed, starting in the late spring and carrying on to late fall.  For whatever reason, I did it only once this year.  I meant to do it more, but I was too lazy or something.  I probably could benefit more from riding now than I used to as well.  Not that I'm getting large or anything, but being in my mid 50s, I could use the exercise.

Anyhow, this isn't the most friendly place in the world for bicyclist, although there are a lot of us here.  When I used to ride a bike a lot I always had to be pretty careful as automobiles definitely rule the road here.  Up until just recently there haven't been any real bike lanes

Well, that changed downtown just the year before last.  We have real bike lanes down there now.  And now there's a bike path that runs quite a ways along one of the county highways. And to add to that, now this is a designated bicycle route, and it's a pretty major road.

It appears that the bicycles are staging a real primary mode of transportation comeback. . .

__________________________________________________________________________________

Related threads:

Bike to Work Week in Bike Month

Lex Anteinternet: Riding Bicycles

Riding Bicycles

On Riding A Bicycle

The high tech alternative to horses. . . . the bicycle



No comments: