Sunday, January 1, 2023

Stafanik and the moral of the story.

Elise Stefanik is apparently the subject of a major Washington Post expose, which I can't read as I can't get past the paywall.

It's well-known that Sefanik started off as a middle of the road Republican and then became a dedicated Trumper. Apparently this is about the costs she paid on the route, and it isn't flattering.  The oddest detail is that she apparently thought about trying to approach Pete Buttigieg for a position if he won his 2020 election bid.

Because I can't read it, I can't accurately represent it, but what it seems to suggest is that Stefanik is an example of the age-old political tale of a politician selling her soul for power, and losing more than she gains in the process.

I wonder how my of the Wyoming politicians just elected ought to get the WP article and consider the moral of that story.

No comments: