Sunday, June 17, 2018

The Arctic Summer

We have had, perhaps, two warm days this Spring and Summer (yes, I know its technically not summer yet). Given that, the next person I hear saying "sure has been hot" is going to send me into a rant.

It hasn't been anything close to hot.

It's been absolutely freezing so far this summer.

It's been dreary, wet and cold.

In spite of that, given that its technically in the refrigeration season, my office has turned on the air conditioning. This happens every year and I don't get it.  A person doesn't need air conditioning when its only 50 degrees outside, and simply nothing that it is June doesn't provide a reason to do that.

The same is true at home.  During the day, air conditioning is going to be on because, well, it's June.  Polar Bears could be dragging down seals in my front yard, but the female residents of the house would have the air conditioning on.

Or all the windows opening and the ceiling fans going.

Which has been the case every night recently.

Our house has been undergoing house destruction (um remodeling) and we're now into a full month of it.  I can't and don't understand why this is taking this long even though I was warned by my wife that it would.  I do understand that there were delays as there are always delays in construction projects due to materials and the like.  Indeed, the Pyramids are actually an ongoing construction project, I'm pretty sure, which are just in a period of delay while Cairo Amalgamated Pyramid adjusts some problematic back orders.  I'm not complaining about that really as the delays haven't been anywhere as bad as I've expected them to be, but I'm sick to death of the entire project and I have been since the first day of it.  Granted, I ignored it as I hate stuff like this anyhow and would have only replaced the worn out carpet with new, non carpeting, flooring, but whatever.  In retrospect I wish that I would have been involved as I think I would have required a contractual provision limiting this to two weeks, which is all the more that I can tolerate of this and all the more I really think such things ought to take, but again, I didn't and I've been trying to ignore it.

But for some reason an aspect of this is that every day and night now all the windows on and the stupid ceiling fans are constantly running, even if it's almost freezing outside.

Well, it's June.

So that means its warm. Right?

It rained all last night.  Up here, where we're over a mile high, it isn't warm, and its just not going to get to be warm.

No matter, open those windows and let's turn the fans on to hurricane.

No comments: