Sunday, December 10, 2023

Trump and state of mind. Whistling past the graveyard.

From the blog Above The Law:

Good Morning, Joe Tacopina!

Time for a little client feedback. Don’t bother checking Avvo or Yelp — he’ll come to you.

This disgusting Slob, a Democrat Political Operative, is the same guy who funded a woman who I knew absolutely nothing about, sued me for Rape, for which I was found NOT GUILTY. She didn’t remember the year, decade, or much else! In Interviews she said some amazingly “inconsistent” things. Disgraceful Trial—Very unfair. I was asked by my lawyer not to attend—“It was beneath me, and they have no case.” That was not good advice.

For those who don’t speak brain-addled former president …

The “slob” bit is a reference to Reid Hoffman, the billionaire founder of LinkedIn who paid some of the fees associated with E. Jean Carroll’s defamation and sexual abuse lawsuits against Donald Trump. He did not “fund” Carroll, whose lawyers were working on contingency and who filed her lawsuit ten months before Hoffman’s intercession.

And there's more, you can find the link at the side.

I didn't post it for Trump's post trial criticism of his own lawyer, but for this item:

For those who don’t speak brain-addled former president …

Isn't it obvious that Trump is not all right?

You would think so, but for some reason people just don't seem to be picking up on it.

When Ronald Reagan was President, people were picking up on it.  I won't call it a whisper campaign, but amongst careful observers and medicos, there was talk.  I remember, as I've noted here before, my father just flat out stating that Reagan had Alzheimer's, and he did.

Something is going on with Trump.

Trump has for many years affected a very odd pattern of speech, but it's gotten juvenile,  This isn't the way a highly educated man speaks.  It's weird.  And the example above is far from the oddest example.

The other day I stopped by a pastry store on my way to work.  On my way out a man was walking in, with glassy eyes, and was all upset about where I had parked my Jeep.  "You're in the road".  

Now, he was walking in, and there were no parking spots marked.  There was no reason to believe I was "in the road".  But he was waiving his arms and talking to himself, before he saw the Jeep was mine, and talked to me.  "I'm sorry" I stated, and he rambled on about that being okay, still speaking to himself as he walked in.

Clearly, he had a mental problem.

Also, just yesterday I walked into Home Depot and a man was loudly complaining to himself in a rambling babbling fashion about the automatic doors being open.  "The automatic doors are open" he stated to me, in an agitated fashion.  I walked on in and said nothing as I thought he might have those ear buds that people now have where they can talk on their cell phones and perhaps was an employee talking to somebody, but pretty clear it was obvious he was not as he kept up in an agitated fashion and ultimately went up and babbled to the help desk, loudly.

It was clear he had a mental problem.

Why are we whistling past the graveyard with Trump?

No comments: