Sunday, December 8, 2019

The Time Warp



Folks who know me would never accuse me of being one of the folks who turn out in suit and tie everyday, or even tie everyday, in spite of my occupation.  But I have been amazed by the nearly complete evaporation of standards of appearance that's occurred even during my work life.  It's been amazing.

Indeed, I have to say that I was sort of shocked for the opposite reason yesterday afternoon when my Long Suffering Spouse and I went out to do some errands.  On the first one we ran into some folks she knows at a sporting goods store. They were there with their 18 year old son who was incredibly clean cut.

Well, just back from basic training.  No wonder.

And then, this being Christmas Party season, we stopped by the liquor store to find it full of men in suits. Really rare around here, especially on a Saturday.  And then an Artillery Lieutenant in Dress Blues stopped in, which is something we never see here.

Like walking into a time warp.

No comments: