Friday, September 28, 2018

It feels like the early 1970s.

We've said it before, but . .

And not in a good way.  Of course, if you lived through the 70s, you probably wouldn't have thought if it in that way anyhow.

The other day an old friend of mine called and told me how the smoke was so thick from forest fires that people in Laramie were driving with their headlights on.  I stated "it's been a weird year".  He replied "it's the begging of the end".  He's always dour, but not to that extent.

The news has become so odd and weird that its surreal.  I didn't watch the Kavanaugh hearing the other day, but lots of professionals I knew speant the whole day watching them.  They all were rather dour about it.  One lawyer friend of mine simply noted how tragic the entire feel of it has become, and I can't dispute that.

The 1970s felt that way too, or at least the early part of them.  And that's not a pleasant thought either.

No comments: