Thursday, May 31, 2018

Readership returns to 2016 levels

Or a little below, actually.

Well, darn.

In 2016 it was increasing constantly as we were writing about the Punitive Expedition.  In May 2017 it was justly slightly over 7,000 viewers a month.  This May it was just slightly under.  Readership was rising then, but it's more or less steady, and maybe even decreasing a little now.  In March 2017 it peacked out at about 56,000 viewers that month, fell to about 10,000 in May of last year as the Punitive Expedition stories had wrapped up, but shot back up to 38,000 this past December.  That was, I suspect, some sort of net glitch.  Since then it dropped down steadily and was at about 7,700 in March, and has bounced around since.

I'll admit it's a bit disappointing.  56,000 was a lot of readership.  But I knew it would decline.  And part of the reason for the high readership had to do with links to Reddit which you aren't supposed to do, but which I didn't know where prohibited.

Unit March of 2016 we averaged about 3,500 to 4,000 hits per month.  I wouldn't be surprised if we returned to that level. As I write mostly for myself, the fact that over 100 people stop in here every day to read what I've written should, in fact, be pretty pleasing.  I do wish that there'd occasionally be more comments, and indeed one of the purposes of this blog in the first place, as I've noted before, was to pose question to learn information for an anticipated novel set in this time period (which it is highly unlikely now that I'll get around to writing), and we haven't had too many of those.  I do appreciate the comments we receive.

No comments: