Sunday, May 4, 2014

Lazy Sundays. . .

You  know, get up late, lounge around all day, eat brunch, maybe an early dinner. . . great, eh?

No, I hate 'em.

Sounds weird, I suppose, to those who do, but I can't stand a slow Sunday.  Generally, I like to hit the ground running on Sunday.  Heck, I like to do that everyday.  On Sunday, I get up, read the paper, and plan on getting down to Mass by 8:00.  Yes I do. 

And when I get home, I don't want to hang around the house.  I work indoors, usually, give days out of seven and usually six days out of seven. On the seventh, I hope to be out in nature.

Recently things just haven't worked that way at all.  There's just been something to conspire against this every week.  And so it is today.  We'll head to the 11:00 Mass this weekend, for a good reason.  And this afternoon we have an event scheduled that'll take me out of pocket all afternoon.

But its frustrating.

Last weekend, when we similarly had a events conspire, on that then snowy Sunday afternoon my wife remarked.  "Don't you just love these lazy Sundays?"

No, not one darned bit.

No comments: