Sunday, November 27, 2022

Southern Rockies Nature Blog: Thunder without Tears: The Passing of Tom McIntyre

Southern Rockies Nature Blog: Thunder without Tears: The Passing of Tom McIntyre: 1987 was the worst year of my life. A dream job of working on an outdoor magazine was falling apart (with the publication itself), leaving M...

Tom McIntyre's death has been mentioned here twice before;

The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away.



I'm struck by how this brings up the old adage that it is a small world.  At least, our circle of associates can be amazingly small.  You wouldn't think that it'd be the case that two blogs I follow are authored by people who met Mr. McIntyre, which I had not, but he had become a frequent commenter on my blog.  

I'll miss his presence here.

Truly, it is a small world.

The entries on the two blogs noted, by the way, are very much worth reading and will give you a much better idea of who Tom was than anything I've written here.

No comments: