Monday, October 17, 2022

It's not cold in here.

So Long Suffering Spouse tells me.

Feels pretty darned cold to me.  And I'm not the only one.

I've been married now for almost 30 years, and for most of that time, I've been cold at home.  During the winter, the thermostat is kept low, not for economic reasons, but because "it's not cold in here".  The heat doesn't even tend to really come on here, on a permanent basis, until the snow starts flying.

As soon as spring hits, most years, the swamp cooler comes on.  I hate air conditioning anyway, but its set at freeze, or something.  

This year I got a bit of a break on that as for some reason my wife didn't turn it on very often.  It did come on, but not like it has in most years.  So summer wasn't brutally cold, indoors.

In contrast, the air conditioning was on at work after it got fixed.  I was hoping it wasn't going to get fixed, as I hate it.  But it was. There are only a couple of occupants of my quarter of the building, and one of them is one of the people who thinks it's hot in the building, so on it came.

Oddly, while its intermittent now, it's still on, and somebody thinks they have to have the blower on even if the air conditioning is not on.

We didn't have air conditioning in the house when I was a kid.

No comments: