Wednesday, October 23, 2019

The Telephonic Fifth Degree

Y:  This is Mr. Yeoman, is Mr. Vasilyevich in?

Receptionist:  Just a moment, I'll check.

Y:  Thank you.

Receptionist:  Can I tell him your name?

Y:  Um, Mr. Yeoman.

Receptionist:  And will he know the nature of the call?

Y:  Yes, I'm returning his call.

Receptionist:  Are you a client of his?

Y:  No, I'm the lawyer representing the guy his client is suing.

Receptionist:  And to what may I tell him this refers?

Y: (now agitated):  I think if he called me about it, he'll probably know.

Receptionist:  And how do you spell your name?

Y:  Y-e-o-m-a-n.

Receptionist:  Just a moment . . .

(Hold Music)



Receptionist:  I'm sorry, he just left for lunch.

Y:  At 10:30?

Receptionist:  Yes, he's hungry.

Y:  No wonder, every time I see him at a deposition he's on the no food diet.

Receptionist:  Can I leave him a message?

Y:  Well, he was calling me, tell him I called back.

Receptionist:  And can I tell him what the nature of the call was?

No comments: