Monday, February 26, 2018

Observations on a Monday morning.

1.  My house sounds like a respiratory ward.

There's been some nasty bugs going around this winter, including the dreaded flu. So far, I've avoided them all.

One of my co-workers fell ill a couple of weeks ago and was so ill, the week before we tried a case (last week) that he was out for a couple of days.  We both made it to the trial, however.

At the trial opposing counsel became sicker and sicker.

But I made it home okay.

By which time my daughter's cold had turned from bad to really bad.

I was still okay.

This morning I have a cough . . . .

2.  There was no heat in the office on Saturday, a day I worked.  It's really cold in here today an the heat hasn't made it back to my office yet, the last heat register, or whatever it is, in this 101 year old building.   This happens every winter and for some reason the building super never gets it fixed.

Come on man!

3.  On the way down here a car from Montana hit its breaks on ice simply because it saw a Ford Ranger stuck on a side street.  That's not a good thing if you are also on the same ice patch and behind the car.

4.  It's an odd experience in speaking to a receptionist in another state whom you can't understand due to her accent can't understand you due to your accent.

5.  Boots with really high heels are not a good option on a slippery day.  I don't know why women elect for that option.

No comments: