Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Lex Anteinternet: And then the shoe dropped. (But not when thought). Ryan Zinke nominated to the Interior

Just recently I reported on Cathy McMorris Rodgers being nominated, in anticipation style, to be Secretary of the Interior by President Elect Donald Trump:
Lex Anteinternet: And then the shoe dropped.: Yesterday I published this item: Lex Anteinternet: Whining, crying, panic in the editorial room of th... : Following the flood of analys...
I don't know what happened, but in the end, she wasn't.

When the announcement was made it turned out to be Montana Congressman Ryan Zinke.


And I think that's a good thing.

I know very little about Zinke, but I do know that the Republican Montanan is opposed to the transfer of Federal lands, which was something that was much less certain about Rodgers.  And I also know that as he comes from Montana, he'll be familiar with the situation and conditions down here in Wyoming, which are very similar.  Moreover the former Navy SEAL is a lifelong hunter and fisherman.  He's drawn some initial praise from sporting quarters.

A good turn of events.  In some ways, I feel like we may have dodged a bit of  a bullet on this one.


No comments: