Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hot and Cold



Awhile back columnist Reg Henry had an amusing article about air conditioning.  It was really funny, and I wish I'd linked it in here.

I suppose the reason I found it funny, as I share one of Reg's apparent attributes.  I never get so hot that I appreciate air conditioning, and my wife is just the opposite.

Every summer I suffer in our house, as my wife turns on the swamp cooler.  I've never turned on the swamp cooler for myself ever.  I hate it.  I never lived in a house with air conditioning until I was married, and I never get so hot that I feel I need it.  Rather, I just freeze in the house, in summer.

Indeed, she'll keep it going until late Summer, when it isn't hot by anyone's defintion.  She's just always hot.

Now the reverse is the case, as it is every winter.  It's already winter here, but there are entire rooms in the house where we'll go through an entire winter and almost never turn on the heat, including our bedroom.  I just freeze, but she just refuses to believe that its really cold in the house.  It only really changes when everyone in the house starts protesting about how cold it is.

Funny thing is, I really like winter, and like being outdoors in winter, although I'm frequently freezing when I am out there.

No comments: