Friday, December 5, 2014

Lex Anteinternet: Levis

A little over a year ago I blogged on Levis with this entry:
Lex Anteinternet: Levis: Rancher, wearing blue jeans, in the early 1940s. The roll up cuff was extremely common at that time. At the time I started this entr...
I was reminded of this as last week I heard a newstory in which theives rammed a car into a store and stole jeans.

Yes, jeans.

That a person would ram a car into a story and steal jeans surprised me, but what really surprised me is that the value of the jeans was reported to be $700.00 a pair.

I'm sorry, but $700.00 for blue jeans is insane.  A person shouldn't be buying what are essentially work pants, no matter how dressed up or fancified, for $700.00 a pair. Shoot, a really good men's suit cost about that, and they're practically hand made for a particular purpose.

That there even are blue jeans that are priced at that level, and that people buy them, is disturbing really.  There's something just not right about that.  Basically, if you want to wear blue jeans, and I do a fair amount, the sane thing to do would be to buy a good pair at a reasonable price.  Levis, Lees, Wranglers, all fit that bill.  They're relatively expensive, it seems to me, but not at the unreasonable rate.  $700 is so high a person is buying them for some reason other than that they like blue jeans, and that ought to be reconsidered.

No comments: