Saturday, May 14, 2016

Recent Comments Widget Down

Off to the right, the most recent comments to this blog should be showing.

It isn't.  And it isn't on my other blogs either.

The thing that did that isn't working right now.  I'll give it awhile, and then search for a replacement if I can't find one.

Man, this aggravating.  I like the Blogger format, but widgets will just do down and quit working.  Sometime for a while, and sometimes for good.  I can see why people switch to other formats, but I have too much on this one to do that.

Anyhow, you can still make comments, and I love to receive them.  Sorry that you can't easily see what things have been recently commented on, and I'll try to get that fixed.

3 comments:

Rich said...

It looks like some or most third party widgets were disabled for Blogger (I think that's the way the computer jargonist would sort of say it).

I found one explanation and/or solution at: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/gIWRsvNbC8c;context-place=forum/blogger

I sort of fixed my Recent Comments that way, but I don't really like the look of it as much as the previous Widget. I'd like to somehow have the names of commenters like before, but I'm not sure how to do that with a feed (or whatever the heck it's called).

Pat, Marcus & Alexis said...

Thanks Rich! And good to hear from you!

Pat, Marcus & Alexis said...

Thanks again, I just used it.

It's not as nice as the old one, but at least it works.