Saturday, May 16, 2020

Blog Mirror: Hiking in Finland; Staying Indoors, Coping With Anxiety & Depression

Staying Indoors, Coping With Anxiety & Depression


In which our Finnish outdoor correspondent asks some thorny questions.

I think the entire times are depressing right now.  Unemployment is down, things that we rely upon for our daily routine are closed, except where they aren't. Things are so disorienting.  No wonder people are depressed.

And being forced to stay home would be depressing.

It may be where I live, which is very rural. But then Finland is fairly rural too.  But I don't get the orders that have required people to stay indoors in all circumstances.  Frankly, being out in the hills hiking, hunting, fishing, or skiing strikes me as a much better approach to things than staying the house watching reruns.

But I'm not a physician, so maybe there's just something I'm missing.


No comments: