Sunday, November 6, 2016

"Fall Back". Daylight Savings Time ended at 2:00 a.m. this morning.

Lex Anteinternet: No, just go away: This was our entry on this last year or the year before:

No, just go away


 
World War One era poster, from when Daylight Savings Time was a brand new announce.
I have not been able to adjust to the return to normal time this year.
Not even close.
I'm waking up most morning's about 3:30 am.  That would have been early even when Daylight Saving's Time was on, as that would have been about 4:30, but that is about the time I had been waking up, in part because I've been spending a lot of time in East Texas, where that's about 5:30.  Indeed, my inability to adjust back to regular time is working
out for me in the context of being up plenty early enough to do anything I need to do in East Texas, but it's the pits back here in my home state.
I really hate Daylight Saving's Time.  I understand the thesis that it was built on, but I think it's wholly obsolete and simply ought to be dumped.
I hope I adjust better this year.  Once again, I've been in East Texas a lot and my sleep schedule has been messed up to start with.

Maybe the new President, whomever that is, will, in a flash of insight, ban Daylight Savings Time. . . .probably not.

No comments: