Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lex Anteinternet: My thesis « Ramblings of a teacher, Redskins fan, and scrapbooker.

My thesis « Ramblings of a teacher, Redskins fan, and scrapbooker (Punitive Expedition Entry)


Leann, the author of the Ramblings of a teacher, Redskins fan, and scrapbooker blog  has posted a series of entries on her Master's Thesis, which deals with a family member who was a soldier during the Punitive Expedition and World War One..  Given the focus of this blog, I"m glad to see her do that, and I've mentioned her prior blog entries before.  Anyhow, she's serialized the entries, the first of which is here:

My thesis « Ramblings of a teacher, Redskins fan, and scrapbooker

Interesting stuff.

2 comments:

LeAnn28 said...

Thanks for the link love again. :-) I've been reading your recent posts about the Punitive Expedition which are all quite interesting. The American History Smithsonian posted on Facebook a photo of troops highlighting the raid on Columbus so I commented that I was glad they posted it as most people have no idea what the Punitive Expedition is, that my great grandfather served along the border, and that I wrote my thesis about his experiences. They responded that the comment "made their evening". LOL!

Pat, Marcus & Alexis said...

You are more than welcome!

I'll be running more Punitive Expedition posts (indeed quite a few) over the next few days and even weeks, as I'm sort of running them in "real time". That is, I have a series up that will run more or less one century from when the events occurred, and in some instances when the news broke in the US or telegrams, etc. were received.

It's one of my favorite episodes of history. Indeed, because of that, I have a hard time realizing its actually a century since it occurred, let alone that only 48 years had passed since it occurred at the time of my birth.