Monday, February 16, 2015

Lex Anteinternet: Civil Holidays

Today is President's Day.  I worked it.  I always do.  I'm sure I've never had it off in any job I ever had, save for the period of time during which I was employed part time by the Army National Guard.  I'm sure I would have had it off, if I were working on this day otherwise.

I looked at these types of holidays this past October in this thread:
Lex Anteinternet: Civil Holidays:  Leann posted an item on her blog about Columbus Day, urging Congress to consider changing it to Indigenous Peoples Day .  I'll confess ...
President's Day is a Federal holiday that came about due to the amalgamation of Washington and Lincoln's birthdays as a holiday, both of which occurred in February.   They were great men and they certainly deserve a Federal holiday.  But how many take it off?  Did you?

No comments: