Saturday, August 31, 2013

Midwest High School Football Team

1237131_553040101409976_2133685376_n.jpg (JPEG Image, 672 × 524 pixels)

Neat old photograph of the Midwest, Wyoming, football team from some time in the 1930s.  Apparently there team was quite good.

A lot of my friends have been noting the start of high school and university football seasons this weekend.  I wish I could enjoy their enthusiasm, I guess, but for some reason I have just never been able to get into football.  As earlier noted on this blog, I'm not opposed to it, I just can't retain an interest in it.  In this context, it was interesting to note that a father of an old family friend recently was telling me how his son, a good friend of mine, follows all the teams, even though the father, like me, just has never been able to develop an interest.  Funny how that works.

I'll confess that with all the new information on head injuries, I do worry about young players now.  The best evidence on head injuries shows how even minor ones can have long lasting lifetime impacts.  That's hard not to worry about for people.

No comments: